Friday, November 9, 2007

21 good books that need to be great films

The A.V. Club always has interesting articles - this is no exception.

http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/if_you_film_it_133_21_good

As the title suggests, it lists 21 good books that would make great movies (if done correctly). I just had to post it because the first book they list is one of my all time favorites - The Long Walk by Stephen King/Richard Bachman. I actually just finished re-reading this book last night (I probably read it once or twice a year - it's fairly short, and as I said - I LOVE it).

Seriously, why hasn't this book been into a movie yet? It would be amazing. Odd are good that I would even go see it in a theater, which rarely happens.

Of the other 20 books listed, I've read about 5 of them, and another 3 or 4 are on my wish list. It's funny how many books that are on there that I've never heard of, which is intriguing. I'll have to check those out.

No comments: