Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thinner by Stephen King


Thinner by Stephen King
318 pages
Finished 2/7/08






Still on my quest to read all Stephen King books. This book started out a little slow for me. The story is about an overweight lawyer that accidentally hits and kills a Gypsy that crosses the street in front of him while he's in his car. After getting off very lightly due to connections with the judge presiding over the case, Billy (the main character), runs into another Gypsy, who touches him on the cheek and says "Thinner." Billy is soon drastically losing weight.

The novel really gets going about a third of the way in, when Billy starts to look for the Gypsy that cursed him. It's a great story - face paced with a lot of things happening. The best part of the book was the ending - I didn't see it coming. There was a feeling of horror as I read the last few pages...it was sort-of like, "No way!" I was liking the book quite a bit, but the ending actually brought it up a notch for me.

Four stars.

No comments: