Monday, March 4, 2013

Life Gets in the Way

It's funny.  I revived this blog all of what - 3? days ago, and I am already finding myself lacking in time to update.  Today it's sick kids.  Wes has a temperature that keeps coming and going.  Ibuprofen drops his temp and makes him feel better for awhile, but then it starts to wear off and he becomes Hot Mess Wesley.  To top it off, we are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow night, AND David just went out of town for work until Thursday.

Serenity now!

And so - just a quick update from the days of my previous blog.  I had an old post titled "Toothless Wonder and Chunky Monkey"  Sadly, we had to put down our little Toothless Wonder almost exactly 2 years ago - March 14, 2011.  (Yep, I remember, because not only was it 2 days before Wesley's first birthday, but it was also pi day)  She lived a most fabulous life.  She was 16 and a half years old and one of my first babies, so it was (and still is) super sad.  The boys ask about her and pretend like they remember her, which is sweet.

We do still have our Chunky Monkey, although these days he is the furthest thing from Chunky.  He's 18 and a half years old, and is really starting to look it.  My little old man. 


No comments: