Sunday, March 9, 2008

After by Claire Tristram


After by Claire Tristram
208 pages
Finished 3/9/08













I am so, so glad that I got this book as a bargain book on amazon.com. It was actually a book that I had wanted to read for quite awhile. It's basically about a widow whose husband died as the result of a terrorist act made by Muslim extremists. On the one year anniversary of her husband's death, she takes a lover - a Muslim man. The book basically follows their 24 hours together at a hotel.

The premise for the book is way better than it actually was. The book was supposed to be both dark and erotic, and it was neither. I'd classify it more as disturbing and boring. It got a little interesting near the end, but it wasn't enough to make me care about either of the main characters.

One lame-ass star.

No comments: