Monday, September 24, 2007

3 More

About a Boy by Nick Hornby
307 pages
Finished 9/9/07











I actually picked up this book because I was looking for another book by the author (High Fidelity - I still haven't gotten it yet) and thought I'd read this one, since I liked the movie.
This is one of the few instances where I can say that I liked the movie better. I
think my biggest issue was the author's writing style - I just wasn't a fan.

I gave it two stars


The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney
394 pages
Finished 9/11/07











This was a nice, quick, easy book about 4 friends. It got a little cheesy at times, but was a very sweet story. It is very girly, and I have to be in the mood to read this type of book typically. I guess I was, because I didn't throw it down in disgust.

I gave it three stars

Hitler's Niece by Ron Hansen
306 pages
Finished 9/14/07











Historical fiction about Hitler and his relationship with his niece. I think I went into this book with too high of expectations. I had heard good things about the book, but I found it to be very slow moving, and at times really boring. It was very wordy and drawn out. The book definitely picked up about 3/4 of the way through but not enough that I can give it that good of a review.

I gave it two stars

No comments: