Monday, September 24, 2007

First 2 Books

Lisey's Story by Stephen King.
653 pages
Finished 9/3/07











A typical Stephen King, but not his best. In true King form, he makes up his own words (and repeats them constantly), and has thoughts running all over the place. The novel went up and down for me - some parts were really interesting, and some parts I skimmed just to get through them.

I gave it three stars



The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld
269 pages
Finished 9/5/07











I didn't like it nearly as much as I liked Prep, the author's first novel. Like Prep, the main character in this book was completely unrelatable, but on top of that, she was pretty unlikable and unbelievable as well. The book was a very fast read, though - I started it just after 8 pm, and ended up staying up and reading it. I finished it just before 11 pm the same night.

I gave it two stars

No comments: