Friday, September 28, 2007

The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner

I figured this would be a quick read, but I didn't expect it to be that quick. I started reading this book last night after finishing Alias Grace, and finally made myself put it down with one story to go last night.


The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner
279 pages
Finished 9/28/07









I actually waited quite awhile before purchasing this book. I loved the first book by this author, Good In Bed, but her last few novels were just yuck. This book is a collection a short stories, and I think they ranged from really, really good (Buyer's Market, The Mother's Hour) and just ok (Just Desserts, Travels with Nicki). My favorite story was by far The Mother's Hour - you could relate to the main character and her conflicting feelings.

I wasn't a huge fan of the title story, but I thought it was interesting to learn when reading A Conversation with Jennifer Weiner (at the back of the book) that the movie rights have already been bought for the story. I think it will make an interesting, chick flick movie, and it will be interesting to see who is chosen for the roles.

I give it three and a half stars.

No comments: