Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Proof by Emily Giffin



Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
340 pages
Finished 1/26/08












This book is your typical chick lit - career woman falls madly in love with the man of her dreams, only to find that things aren't as peachy as she thought it'd be. In the case of this book, the main character, Claudia, has always maintained that she didn't want children - ever. She eventually meets a man that feels the exact same way about that (and, apparently, everything else under the sun). They get married, and after a few years of marriage, one of them eventually decides that hey, maybe they do want kids.

This book is exactly what I envision most chick lit to be - simple, predictable, and an easy read (I read in a day, no problem). It wasn't a great book, but I didn't despise it. I'd probably read other books by the author (as long as I found them in the dollar area at HPB).

Three stars.

No comments: