Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer


New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
563 pages
Finished 12/31/07












What a disappointment! I was a little worried this would happen - it seems like teen authors are trying so hard to become the next JK Rowling, and it's just not happening. New Moon is the second book in the Twilight series, and to be quite honest, I thought it was pretty bad. I'm trying to put into words my distaste for the book without giving much of the plot away, and it's hard. (I don't want to give up the plot because I know how annoying it is to read information about a second novel in a series when you haven't read the first - too spoilerish).

My biggest issues stem from the main character - she absolutely drove me nuts. She's so melodramatic about everything! I don't think she has a ton of redeeming qualities, and yet somehow every guy she meets is drawn to her and in love with her. It was forced a little too much in this book.

The last quarter of the book was by far the best part, and that really wasn't good enough.

Two and a half stars.

No comments: