Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gone Baby Gone by Dennis Lehane


Gone Baby Gone by Dennis Lehane
412 pages
Finished 1/4/08













I was about 5 pages into the book before I realized that the two main characters in the book (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro) are the main characters in a series of other books - and I was, essentially, reading the fourth in the series. I almost put the book down then (because I really hate reading books out of sequence), but decided to go on anyway.

Overall, I thought the book was pretty good. Great mystery with a lot of twists and turns, and there were a few that I didn't see coming. I didn't love the characters of Patrick and Angie, though - I was actually annoyed with how "soft" they were in a few places. I guess I like my detectives gritty. :)

I liked the book and the characters enough that I would consider reading more books that feature them, although I most likely won't read the first few books in the series, since the outcomes are referred to a number of times.

Three stars.

No comments: