Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Innocent Man by John Grisham


The Innocent Man by John Grisham
435 pages
Finished 1/26/08













I've always been a big John Grisham fan - I've read all of his fiction books, and I was eagerly waiting for this book to come out in paperback ever since I first heard about it. Of course, I could only get it in paperback since all of my other Grisham books are in paperback (consistency people!). I happed to see it the other day while wandering around in Target - David must have been in a good mood, because he let me buy it. :)

The book centers around the true story of a man wrongly convicted of murder in the late '80s. It's a pretty compelling story in itself - ex small town hero turned bad guy turned not so bad guy. It was a little weird reading the book though, because there were a few times that I forgot that I was reading nonfiction, and would think I was reading one of Grisham's thrillers - maybe that's a good thing? Overall, I liked the book. Reading Grisham is a bit like comfort food - very familiar.

Three stars.

No comments: